Pages

Sunday 5 December 2010



Someone commented on my sketchbook over at CA.org and said that my enviros are really good but my figure studies are quite poor in comparison and suggested doing some tonal figure studies, so here is a quick'n from tonight before i nip off to bed. I felt that the excercise is very useful for focusing on the form and not worrying so much about details.



Here is another figure study, kind've a tonal study, with some more details, but mostly to practise drawing with my whole arm, instead of my wrist - as suggested by Frukt over at Gameface, which is a very helpful tip. I've heard others talk about it alot on different websites however never really saw the importance of it. But after trying to force myself to draw with my whole arm i can see how i can help a alot with drawing much more fluent and precise lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment