Pages

Wednesday 22 September 2010

'Drawing for Games' Lesson

Had my first 'Drawing for Games' lesson today, first thing we did was play 'Video Game Pictionary' which was very cool! Next we had to draw Jimmy Hendrix, hells yeh. We had 30 minuites to draw him normally and were then told to draw him up-side-down -focusing on the shapes of everything, instead of what we think of 'mouths' and 'ears'. This task was supposed to test our brains - the people who drew him better normally use the left side of their brains more (the mathematical side) and the people that drew him better up-side-down use the right side of their brains more (the creative side) apparently.

Here are my attempts at Mr Hendrix - very badly scanned as they are a3 and my scanner is only a4.
Apparently my upsidedown draqwing was better, the one on the right, proving that i use the creative side of my brain more.


We also had a chat about concept documents and general concept artist roles. And wee given a assignment to creete and design a Game Layout Chart for a flash game, which is fairly simple however i want to make my visually interesting so that should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment